- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information that could not. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
- If there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to us, and hope that you reciprocate.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at http://www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
- What information do we collect?
Information you give us:
- When setting up an account
- when you purchase an item
- transaction details, purchase history and items saved on your basket
- you billing and shipping details
- other information we may ask in connection with promotional offers, surveys, contests, or other marketing activities
Information we collect using cookies and other tracking technologies, such as device information, IP address, usage, and location data.
- 2. How do we use your information?
We use the information you give to us to:
- process any order that you make
- provide customer service and support and respond to your queries and requests
- protect and prevent against fraud
- enable our experts to conduct data analysis to help us improve our services and advertising, including showing you our adverts as you browse the web.
- keep you updated on our latest announcements or send you post and emails with information about our products that we believe may be of interest to you. You may receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased goods from us and you have not opted out of marketing. We will do this when we believe it is in our mutual interests to do so. If you would like to change your communication preferences or if you no longer want to be part of our mailing list, please contact us
We use the information we collect to:
- administer our site and improve your browsing experience
- to identify and prevent default in payments, fraud and other harmful activity, to defend our rights or property and to protect the rights and interests of our consumers and users; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
In accordance with the law, we will only retain your personal information for the period necessary to accomplish the purpose for which it was provided. We keep this data under periodic review to ensure it is still necessary for us to retain it. If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
- 3. How we share your information?
We may share your personal information with our affiliated companies and with reputable service providers that help us run our business and improve our services and your customer experience, including matters such as warehousing and delivery, credit card and data processing, marketing and advertising, IT hosting and market research. In order to ensure the security of your transactions and prevent or detect fraudulent transactions, we may also share your information with our fraud screening partner. We will not otherwise sell or distribute your personal data unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
Be aware that our site includes social network plugins, so certain data (your current IP address, visited sites, date and time) is forwarded to these social media services even if you are not registered with them. If you are already logged into the social media service when you click on the social media button, the social media service may also use this data to identify your user name and possibly even your real name. Unfortunately, we have no control over the extent, nature and purpose of such data processing or their privacy practices – we suggest you review their privacy statement.
You can rest assured that your data security is being taken care of. These third parties are bound to process your personal data only on our strict instructions and when they can offer adequate technical and organizational measures to protect it.
We may also disclose your personal information as necessary to protect the security and integrity of our site according with the law, in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, or as required or authorized by law.
- 4. Security of data
We adopt technical and organisational measures to protect your data as comprehensively as possible. In addition to the commitment of our employees to secrecy and a careful selection and monitoring of our service providers, who are bound to comply with high security standards for the protection of your personal data, we also secure our operating environment adequately.
To protect your data against unwanted access, we use data encryption. Data collected from this site will be passed between your computer and our server and vice versa via the internet using 256-Bit TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption. We will not use encryption though if you exchange only generally available information with us. In order to secure the transmission of sensitive bank and credit card details and to protect data from abusive use we utilize in transit encryption (SSL, Secure Socket Layer). Data stored in our database is also encrypted using 256-Bit AES encryption.
- 5. Your rights (and how to exercise them!)
As user of our site, you have the right to request details of personal information which we hold about you as well as the purpose of its processing. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, but please bear in mind that if you object this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit. In addition, you have a right to demand the correction of incorrect data and the deletion of that which is inappropriate or no longer needed.
If you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights or if you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use your personal information please email firstname.lastname@example.org Your request will be investigated by our Data Protection Officer. A response to your request will be provided in writing as soon as possible and certainly within 30 calendar days of the days we received the request.
- 6. Contact us
Tick.Beer is a trading name of Forest Wholesale, an HMRC registered (registration number XFAW00000103094) cask ale and cider wholesaler with VAT number 981 9205 94.
If you no longer want to receive marketing information from us, simply follow the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the e-mail we send to you. However, even if you opt out we may still continue to send you information that relates to any account or business relationship you may still have with us
If you are seeking to exercise any of your statutory rights or if you have any comments, queries, or complaints about our collection or use your personal information please email us at email@example.com